Book Discussion Kits include the Following:
Multiple copies of the book
Book discussion guide, author information and reviews when available
Large-print and CD versions in some kits
Book Discussion Kit Guidelines
- Book discussion kits may be reserved up to six months in advance by calling the Reference Department at 314-994-3300, ext. 2050. When reserving a book discussion kit, please indicate the number of copies needed.
- Book discussion kits may be checked out to individuals with a valid library card for eight weeks. Kits may not be renewed.
- Kits may be picked up and returned at any St. Louis County Library location during normal business hours.
- Up to two kits may be checked out at one time to an individual.
- The kit is checked out to one book group member who is responsible for all the materials.
- Customers will not receive a phone call or email when the kit is ready for pick up. It is the customer's responsibility to remember the date requested.
Book Discussion Kit Return Procedures
- Please do not put kits in the book drop. The kit should be returned inside the branch where it was originally picked up.
- The kit must be returned in its entirety. For example, if 10 copies are checked out, all 10 copies, the discussion guide and the bag must be returned at the same time.
- Please return kits promptly so they will be available for other book groups. Overdue kits will be fined $1 a day with a maximum fine of $10. Until the entire kit is returned, the total price of the kit appears on your record.
- After two late returns, the use of book discussion kits will be denied for three months.
- Replacement costs for entire kits or missing parts will depend on the cost of each individual item in the kit.
Locating Book Discussion Kits
Click on the links below to see a list of book discussion kits