Call: 314-994-3300 ext. 2070
Visit us at:
1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
The Archdiocese of St. Louis includes churches in Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, Perry, St. Charles, St. Francois, St. Louis, Ste. Genevieve, Warren, and Washington Counties, and the Independent City of St. Louis. Guide to St. Louis Archdiocesan Parish Records is a finding aid to Catholic microfilm holdings and is available for use in the Department and for purchase.
The Archdiocese maintains a website with a searchable index of burials in Catholic cemeteries within its boundaries. The department's holdings of Catholic cemetery records on microfilm is included in the department's online guide to cemetery records.
The Department holds microfilm copies of parish jubilee histories for churches in eastern Missouri. Some of the publications are in German, Polish, and Czech.
The Diocese of Belleville includes churches in Alexander, Clay, Clinton, Edward, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Lawrence, Marion, Massac, Monroe, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Randolph, Richland, Saline, St. Clair, Union, Wabash, Washington, Wayne, White, and Williamson Counties.
A finding aid to the Department's microfilm holdings is available online through the St. Clair County (Illinois) Genealogical Society.
Established in 1793, the Diocese of Louisiana and the Floridas included all territory from the Rocky Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean and from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico except the Diocese of Baltimore, which was in territory belonging to the United States). Before 1793, Louisiana was under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Santiago de Cuba and before 1762, under the authority of the Diocese of Quebec. A finding aid to the records is available online through the University of Notre Dame.
The following personal name indexes are posted on this website:
Index to History of the Archdiocese of Saint Louis