Call: 314-994-3300 ext. 2070
Visit us at:
1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
The Archdiocese of St. Louis includes churches in Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, Perry, St. Charles, St. Francois, St. Louis, Ste. Genevieve, Warren, and Washington Counties, and the Independent City of St. Louis. "Guide to St. Louis Archdiocesan Parish Records" is a finding aid to Catholic microfilm holdings available for use in the Department. The St. Clair County (Illinois) Genealogical Society lists active parishes with links to parish websites if available.
The Archdiocese maintains a website with a searchable index of burials in Catholic cemeteries within its boundaries. See the department's online listing of cemetery records for Catholic cemetery holdings.
The Department holds microfilm copies of parish jubilee histories for congregations in eastern Missouri. Some are in German, Polish, and Czech.
The Diocese of Belleville includes churches in Alexander, Clay, Clinton, Edward, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Lawrence, Marion, Massac, Monroe, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Randolph, Richland, Saline, St. Clair, Union, Wabash, Washington, Wayne, White, and Williamson Counties.
An online finding aid to the department's microfilm holdings is available through the St. Clair County (Illinois) Genealogical Society.
Established in 1793, the Diocese of Louisiana and the Floridas included all territory from the Rocky Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean and from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico except the Diocese of Baltimore, which was in territory belonging to the United States). Before 1793, Louisiana was under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Santiago de Cuba and before 1762, under the authority of the Diocese of Quebec. The department's holdings consist of 12 microfilm rolls located in microfilm drawer 15. A finding aid to the records is available online through the University of Notre Dame.
Index to History of the "Archdiocese of Saint Louis" (included in the Local History Index).