Call: 314-994-3300 ext. 2070
Visit us at:
1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
United Church of Christ records held by the Special Collections Department
Also known as: High Street Mission, 1880 - 1881; Fifth Congregational Church, 1881 - 1886; Compton Hill Congregational Church, 1886 - 1955
Locations: 23rd and Clark, 1880 - 1888; Compton and Lafayette, 1888 - 1955
Other information: Compton Hill Congregational Church developed out of a Sunday school founded by Pilgrim Congregational Church in 1880. The congregation merged with Mount Hope Evangelical Church in 1955 to form Mount Hope Evangelical Congregational Church. The merged congregation occupied Mount Hope's building at 3661 DeTonty Street until Merging with St. Luke's United Church of Christ, 2336 Tennessee, in 1962.
Text in English.
|74||Register of Pastors, Deacons, Trustees, Church Committee, Sunday School Superinten-dents, Church Clerks and Music Committee||Noted as "Adam's Record Book" p. 1-18|
|74||Baptism||1881-1905 1921-1939 1947-1955||p. 179-218 233-244 149-156|
|74||Marriage||1881-1899 1947-1955||p. 305-314 177-180|
|74||Burial||1881-1900 1932-1936 1948-1956||p. 379-390 391 193|
|74||Index to Communicants||p. 435-?|
|74||Addresses of Members|
|74||History, Constitution, and Minutes|