The following sources are available in the History and Genealogy Department:
Newspapers on microfilm
- Carondelet News (Tier 4, Drawer 40)
- St. Louis County Advocate (Tier 4, Drawer 40)
- St. Louis Daily Globe-Democrat (Tier 4, Drawer 19)
- St. Louis Republic (Tier 4, Drawer 86)
- Old Cemeteries of St. Louis County, Missouri, Vol. 6. St. Louis, Mo.: St. Louis Genealogical Society, 1982- . Call no. R 977.865 O44 and circulating copy.
- Sappington-Concord: A History. St. Louis: Sappington-Concord Historical Society, 1999. Call no. R 977.865 S241 and circulating copy
- Wright, John A. Discovering African American St. Louis: A Guide to Historic Sites, 2nd ed.. St. Louis: Missouri Historical Society Press, 2002. Call no. R 977.865 W951D and circulating copy. Father Dickson Cemetery appears on page 142.