Call: 314-994-3300 ext. 2070
Visit us at:
1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
United Church of Christ records held by the Special Collections Department
Also known as: Picker's Cemetery, Piccot's Cemetery and Old Picker's Cemetery (after the Rev. Franz Picker, pastor of Holy Ghost Church when the cemetery was established)
The German Evangelical Protestant Church of the Holy Ghost founded a cemetery near Arsenal and Gravois in 1846. Burials were halted by city order after 1902, and the cemetery was condemned in 1917. Graves were removed to St. Marcus, Zion Evangelical, Bellefontaine, St. Peter's and Independent German Evangelical (now Gatewood Gardens) Cemeteries. Removal records are not known to exist.
Text in German and English.
|Roll||Item||Ministerial Act||Years||FHL Roll||Comments|
|18||5||Burial||1868-1873||Continued on Roll 19, Item 1|
|19||1||Burial||1873-1886||1503030||Continued from Roll 18, Item 5|
|19||3||Holy Ghost Cemetery Burials||1860-1894||1503030|
|19||4||Holy Ghost Cemetery Burials||1877-1887||1503030||Continued on Roll 20, Item 1|
|20||1||Burials||1887-1895||1503031||Continued from Roll 19, Item 4|
|20||4||Cemetery Lot Owners||1503031||p. 1-87|
|20||5||Cemetery Lot Owners||1846-||1503031|
|20||6||Cemetery Lot Owners||1840-1849||1503031|