Call: 314-994-3300 ext. 2070
Visit us at:
1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
Immanuel Lutheran Church is the second oldest Lutheran congregation in St. Louis after Trinity and an important congregation in the history of the St. Louis German community. Immanuel's first church was dedicated in 1848 at 11th Street and Franklin Avenue. A larger church was completed at 15th and Morgan (now Delmar) in 1868. The congregation relocated to its present location at 3540 Marcus Ave. (Marcus and Lexington Avenues) in 1920. For a history of the congregation, see "'God with Us:' A Century of Grace, 1847 - 1947," R 977.866 I33.
This index is based on microfilmed copies of original records held by the Special Collections Department. Index entries are alphabetical by surname, then given name. Microfilm roll numbers are given for microfilm located in the Special Collections Department (SLCL), the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (FHL) and Concordia Historical Institute (CHI).
The Special Collections Department wishes to express appreciation to Concordia Historical Institute and Immanuel Lutheran Church for granting permission to publish this index, and to Dennis Dean Barten. for his proofreading assistance.
See "Aids for deciphering German Protestant church records" on this website for tips on using these records.
Copies of records listed in this index may be requested by email from the Special Collections Department. Please limit requests to three records per email.