It's finally here! For all you Nook Color or Tablet owners, the wait is over. The OverDrive App is now available in the Barnes and Noble Nook App Store. You can download eBooks and MP3 Audiobooks directly to your device via Wi-Fi. This means no more connecting to your computer!
You will need a valid library card and PIN.
For eBooks, you will need an Adobe ID.
Getting an Adobe ID
- To get Adobe eBooks from the Library you must have an Adobe ID. If you do not already have an Adobe ID go to www.adobe.com.
- In the upper right hand corner tap Sign In.
- A webpage will open containing the Adobe Sign In page.
- Tap the Don't have an Adobe ID? link.
- Enter all required fields on the My Adobe account page.
- When finished, tap Create at the bottom of the page.
- Remember the email and password you used for your Adobe ID, you will need it again below.
Installing the OverDrive Media Console App
- Before you may check out your first eBook or eAudiobook, you will need to install the free OverDrive Media Console App onto your Nook Color or Tablet.
- Search the Nook App Store for OverDrive Media Console.
- Once you find it, tap Free, then tap Confirm.
- Once it has installed, open the OverDrive Media Console App.
- Tap the Menu icon (circle with three lines), then App Settings.
- Enter the email address for your Adobe ID and your Adobe account Password.
- Tap Authorize.
Getting to the St. Louis County Library OverDrive Collection
- Tap the Menu icon, then Get Books.
- Tap Add a Library.
- Type in your zip code, then tap Search.
- Choose any St. Louis County Library location.
- That location's information is displayed.
- Tap the star to save the St. Louis County Library to your "Get Books" list.
- Tap St. Louis County Library.
- The mobile version for the St. Louis County Library OverDrive webpage is displayed.
Signing on to Your OverDrive Account
- Before you can check out an eBook or eAudiobook, log onto your OverDrive account.
- To do this, tap Login or My Digital Account at the top of the screen.
- Enter your library card number in the Library card number field and your PIN in the PIN field.
- Tap the Login button.
- The My Digital Account page will display.
- Tap the Browse button to browse the Library's eBook or eAudiobook collection or Search to type in the author or title of a book and tap Go to see if it is available.
Checking Out eBooks
- When you find a book you like, tap the add to BookBag link.
- The My BookBag page will display the title(s) you selected.
- Tap the Continue Browsing link to select additional books.
- When you have selected all the books you wish to borrow, tap the Proceed to Checkout link.
- The Check Out page will display.
- Select the Lending period for the title.
- To remove one or more books from your list, tap the remove link next to the title.
- When you are ready to check out, tap the Confirm check out button.
- The Download page will display.
- Tap the Download button.
- When finished downloading, tap the title to open the book.
- That's it! Your library books are now ready for many hours of reading enjoyment. And don't worry about overdue fees. Your library books will automatically expire at the end of the lending period you selected.
Returning eBooks Early
- Tap the Menu icon and go to Bookshelf view.
- Tap the plus sign to the right of the title.
- Tap Return/Delete.
- If you are sure you want to return the title, tap Return then Delete.
- When in the title, tap the middle of the page lightly to check progress.
- Tap the Menu icon to navigate between chapters, change Reader settings, add bookmarks, and return or delete titles.