Enter your original literary work and you could win a prize!
Calling all kids and teens ages 8-18 with a talent for creative writing! The library is holding a contest for all writers. There will be prizes for the winners.
How to enter:
- Send an email with your original literary work attached to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org between March 1 and March 31, 2016.
- In the body of the email, please include the following:
Name of entrant
Current SLCL Library card number
Yes, I have read the official contest rules and followed them. I agree that the attached document is my own work and contains my own original ideas
The Write Stuff Contest Official Rules and Guidelines
- Students age 8-18 are encouraged to enter.
- Entrant must have a valid SLCL card.
- Limit one submission per person.
- Write one story, including the line: "You've just won!" the radio host announced...."
- Entry can be funny, serious, etc. Judging will be based on originality, story flow/continuity and mechanical elements (grammar, punctuation, spelling).
- Story must be between 250-500 words long for ages 8-14 and between 500-1000 words long for ages 15-18 (title does not count).
- Please send entry as a ".doc" or ".rtf" file.
- Each entry must be typed and double-spaced (no fancy fonts please).
- Do not write your name or place any other identifying marks on the story pages.
- Entries must be received between Tuesday, March 1 and close of business on Thursday, March 31, 2016
- Winners will be chosen in three categories: Ages 8-10, Ages 11-14, and Ages 15-18.
- Winners will be notified by Friday, April 15 and posted at www.slcl.org within a week.
- First place entries will be posted in their entirety on the Kids Blog and Read Alert teen blog.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Visa gift cards will be given for 1st ($50) and 2nd ($25) place in each category. Winner and runner-up will receive certificates.