What Would You Do with $1,000?
Create a video, and you could win an iPod Touch and a $100 savings bond! Create a video answering the question “What would you do with $1,000?” Entries will be accepted April 20–June 21, 2013. Teens in grades 6–12.
The grand prize winner(s) will receive an iPod Touch and a $100 savings bond. The honorable mention winner(s) will receive a $100 savings bond.
Official Rules and Guidelines
- Create a video answering the question “What would you do with $1,000?” Entries will be accepted April 20–June 21, 2013.
- Teens in grades 6-12 are eligible. Individuals or groups of no more than three teens may enter videos in the contest. At least one group member must have a valid St. Louis County Library card.
- Video length must be no less than 30 seconds and no more than 3 minutes. Video entries must be original works created between March 1, 2013 and June 21, 2013.
- Entries will be judged on creativity and originality.
- Music, images and video clips included in the video must be copyright-free, legally licensed by obtaining the copyright holder's permission, licensed through Creative Commons licensing or be entirely original content created by the teen(s) submitting the video. (http://creativecommons.org/)
- Video entries must be appropriate for viewing by all ages.
- Video entries can include individuals or groups of people. Animation, claymation, puppetry and other inventive forms of video presentation using inanimate objects are equally acceptable. If people are filmed, filmmakers are responsible for obtaining permission from anyone appearing in the film, even incidentally.
- All entries must adhere to the YouTube Community Guidelines as stated on the YouTube web site.
- Contestants agree to allow the St. Louis County Library to use their first name (or team name) and video submission for library marketing and promotion that may appear on the web or other media, including print publications.
- The St. Louis County Library has no obligation to use any video submissions for any purpose whatsoever, is not responsible for any lost, delayed, damaged or illegal submissions and may disqualify any video entry based on content or production.
- Winners will be notified by July 8, 2013 and announced on the library’s web site within a week. Judges' decisions are final.
- The Grand prize winner(s) will receive an iPod Touch and a $100 savings bond. The honorable mention winner(s) will receive a $100 savings bond.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This program is made possible by a grant from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation through Smart investing@your library®, a partnership with the American Library Association.