What happens if I am unable to attend a ticketed event or the author has canceled?
- If you cannot make it to a ticketed event for any reason and do not request a refund from our ticket vendor, you will be able to pick up the book(s) that come with your ticket purchase at library Headquarters after the event. Call 314-994-3300 ext. 2174 to make arrangements.
- If a ticketed event is canceled by the library or author, all ticket purchases will be refunded and books will not be issued.
Why can’t you move this to a bigger venue?
The Main Reading Room at St. Louis County Library Headquarters is the largest space available at a County Library location. The fire code capacity for this venue is 850 people.
How many tickets are available?
A sold-out event at St. Louis County Library will accommodate 850 people. Tickets are usually divided into following categories:
- 50 tickets (100 people) = Friends pre-sale
- 75 tickets (150 people) available for purchase at St. Louis County Library Headquarters.
- 300 tickets (600 people) available for sale online through Brown Paper Tickets.
Ticket purchases are limited to 3 tickets per purchase in order to prevent ticket scalping or resales.
How did tickets sell out so quickly?
The library’s ticketed author events are extremely popular. Events tend to sell out very quickly.
Can you add a second event date?
Visiting authors are typically on a national book tour, which is coordinated by a publishing company or publicist. Due to scheduling constraints, authors are usually only available for one appearance per city.
How many tickets are reserved for Friends of the Library Foundation?
Tickets for 100 people are set aside for the Friends of the Library Foundation pre-sale. Information about joining the Friends can be found at foundation.slcl.org.
Does my 2-year-old need a ticket?
All children age 2 and over must have a ticket.
Does the library monitor ticket resales?
St. Louis County Library does not monitor resale of tickets. Any tickets not purchased from our ticket vendor or in person at Library Headquarters are at your own risk. Each ticket has a barcode that can be scanned only once at admission