(Approved by the Library Board May 18, 2015.)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the St. Louis County Library provides a variety of accommodations and services for people with disabilities. The Library makes its best effort to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities who are patrons of and visitors to library facilities.
Physical accommodations available at various library branches may include the following:
- Handicapped-accessible parking
- Ramp entrances
- Power doors
- Accessible aisles and routes inside buildings
- Accessible restrooms, water fountains
- Low service desks
- Adjustable or low workstations
- Large monitors
Library Materials of Interest
The St. Louis County Library offers large-print materials, books and music on compact disc, and electronic content including ebooks, emagazines, eaudiobooks and downloadable and streaming videos.
Services from Home
The following homebound services are available:
- Telephone service 314-994-3300
- Home delivery of Library materials
- Telephone access to Newsline services (contact Wolfner Library for more information at 1-800-392-2614)
Upon request, additional accommodations may be made for persons with disabilities. Such requests should be made no later than two weeks prior to the date accommodations are needed. For more information about the accommodations and services offered by the St. Louis County Library, please call 314-994-3300.