Virtual Book Buddies pairs teens and kids with the goal of improving kids’ confidence in their reading skills. Kids in grades K-3 are matched with teen volunteers and spend 30 minutes each week reading aloud over Zoom during the 6-week series. A limited number of kids and teens will be able to participate.
- Submit an application for your reader January 10-17.
- Participants will be notified via email no later than Friday, January 28.
- Readers must confirm participation by Tuesday, February 1.
Note: In-person options have been cancelled due to the rising COVID cases in St. Louis County, for the safety of participants and staff.
|Tuesdays||February 8-March 15||6:00-7:15 p.m. on Zoom|
|Wednesdays||February 9-March 16||6:00-7:15 p.m. on Zoom|
Selected participants will be assigned a 30-minute session between 6:00-7:15 p.m.
K-3 Application: https://forms.gle/LUJui3g4Ee6msSVT8
Teens ages 14-17 can apply to become a Virtual Book Buddies volunteer by using the link below.
- Submit an application January 10-17.
- Teen volunteers must attend training and commit to all weekly sessions for the entire 6-week period. They will earn volunteer hours. Absences may result in forfeiting all earned volunteer hours.
- Teen applicants chosen for a short interview on Zoom will be contacted between January 19-26.
|Tuesday||Tuesday, February 1||6:00 p.m. on Zoom|
Teen Application: https://forms.gle/aENBAzCidA4aS88E9
Virtual Book Buddies Applicants
By registering and participating in the Library’s virtual program, you understand that the video and audio content is streamed to other participants if your microphone or video camera are on. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission to participate and anyone age 9 or younger must have direct adult supervision for the duration of the program.
In order to continue providing access to Library programs through Zoom, the Library was required to consent to Zoom’s educational data collection practices. By participating in virtual Library programs through Zoom, you are consenting to Zoom’s collection and use of the personal information described in Zoom’s Educational Privacy Statement, [available at: https://zoom.us/educationalprivacy]. If you do not wish for Zoom to collect or use personal information from you and/or your child(ren), do not participate in this virtual Library program.