Using a Computer at SLCL
Computers are available for persons of all ages. A current St. Louis County Library card in good standing is required to access a computer. Visitors, or those persons who are not eligible for a free St. Louis County Library card, may provide appropriate identification and request a guest pass and to use a computer.
Most library computers guarantee users a 60-minute session. If there is a waiting list to access computers, the time may be limited to 60 minutes. When there is not a waiting list, customers may continue using the computer as long as needed, or until such time that there is a waiting list. Advanced reservations for computers are not available. Computers are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. When a computer becomes available for an individual on the waiting list, the reservation will expire in five minutes, so it is important to monitor the waiting list.
Customers also have the option of using one of the "Express PCs" which offer 15-minute sessions. Customers may exceed the 15-minute time limit when there is not a waiting list. If there is a waiting list for the Express PCs, a session will be terminated once it reaches 15 minutes.
All computer users must agree to abide by the Computer Use Policy.
Printing is available at a cost of $0.10 per page for black and white and $0.30 per page for color printing.
You can now print from your laptop or mobile device, or even print documents from home and pick them up the library.
Set Up Your Account
First, you’ll need to set up a MobilePrint account. Come to the library to set up your account.
You MUST be on one of our public computers to do this.
- Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll receive a response in your inbox shortly. Click the link that says “Click to register your email address.”
- You’ll be directed to the SLCL MobilePrint User Center. Enter your library card and PIN number in the two boxes provided.
- Click the arrow next to your name (at the top right) to register your email address.
- Enter your email address in the box provided, then click the plus sign to the right of your address.
- You’ll receive another message in your email inbox. Click the link that says “click here to confirm.” Now your account is ready to use.
You can attach several documents to the same message. Or, instead of attaching a document, you can put the text you want to print in the body of your email message.
Within 24 hours of when you send the message, go to the print station at any St. Louis County Library branch and log in with your library card number to print your documents. Black and white printouts are 10 cents per page, color printouts are 30 cents per page.