Please note that Listen Up STL is a pilot project and subject to change.
What's in it for Musicians?
SLCL does not pay for musical submissions but, by contributing to Listen Up STL . . .
- You will make your music available to the Library's approximately 355,000 active card holders.
- Increase your band's name recognition.
- Provide an avenue for the public to get to know your work.
- Provide access to your band's concert calendar on your website or blog.
What music will the Library accept?
- We accept music from musicians/bands currently performing and/or based in the St. Louis area.
- We would like to have a wide variety of music and will select albums that represent as many musical genres as possible.
- We will accept original music only - no covers.
- Albums must have at least 3 songs.
- A maximum of two albums per musician/band will be accepted each selection period.
What file types will you accept?
- MP3 files with a minimum audio quality of 128 kbps.
- Album cover art will need to be submitted in JPEG format.
What is the submission process?
- We will put out a call for submissions once or twice a year and hope to add up to 100 new albums per year. Submit your original music from July 1-31, 2017.
- Musicians will first need to fill out our online form (one form for each album).
- If selected for Listen Up STL, musicians will be contacted with further instructions for accepting our license agreement and uploading their music.
What's in the license agreement?
This is a legal document that defines the rights you are giving to SLCL. In simplified terms, it says:
- This is a non-exclusive license agreement. You will continue to own all the rights to the content which means that you are free to share or sell it elsewhere.
- If you find other outlets for your music, it's fine with us. If it's not fine with the other outlets, you can notify us and we will pull your music from our site.
- SLCL patrons can stream the music but not share it.
- You will need to confirm that you have the right to license all of the content you are sharing, including the cover art.
- Questions? Call 314 994-3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org