Who Can Use Homebound Service?
This service is available to residents of the St. Louis County Library District who are not able to visit the library due to illness, disability or advanced age. This service is also available to a full-time caregiver of someone who is homebound. The service may be used on a temporary or long term basis. Individuals must live in a residence not currently served by a bookmobile or senior van unit. For more information or to request this service, please call Bookmobiles & Mobile Services at 314-994-3300, ext. 2333.
- Participants can receive library materials including books in regular or large print, magazines, DVDs or CDs.
- Specific items can be requested, or we can select items for you, based on the preferences you indicate.
- Material will be mailed at no cost to the resident. Materials are mailed in zippered bags. The bags include a label for free return mail to the library.
- Individuals may choose to have someone pick up materials at a nearby branch.
- Items are checked out for four weeks.
- Items not on request may be renewed twice.
- There are no overdue fines.
Application for Service
Based on the information provided, library staff will send lists of material to choose from. The more information provided on this document, the better staff can assist. These lists of titles will be in the blue zippered bag. Lists of material can also be e-mailed. Contact Outreach services to make changes to any information provided.