A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
Court Order Books 1 - 5 (1824-1849)
Court Order Books 6 - 9 (1850-1861)
About: This personal name index originates from a typescript index that was included in the St. Louis County Court records microfilm.
Coverage: The transcribed online index spans the years 1824-1858. Additional typescript indexes exist in microfilm at History & Genealogy.
Types of Court Records:
- Tavern, inn, merchant, and grocery licenses
- Free Negro Licenses: Beginning in 1835, the County Court was responsible for granting licenses to free negroes. Read more about these records in our guide: Free Negroes Licensed in St. Louis, Missouri. Transcriptions of Free Negro licenses granted in 1835 are also available on this website.
- Road surveys
- Orders of the Court
- Public building contracts
- Indexes are organized by surname.
- Find the appropriate A-Z index.
- Search for the Surname.
- Check for alternative spellings, initials, full names, and other variations
- Sometimes no surnames exist for an individual or a surname may be mentioned as a result of an order of the court. Cross-check the No Surnames and Court Order index.
Microfilm: St. Louis County court records are in microfilm set SLCCR-1 – SLCCR-89.
Look-Up Requests: Photocopies of indexed articles may be requested by email from the History and Genealogy Department. Limit of three searches per request. Please review the library's lookup policy.