> | United Church of Christ Records | Main page
> | United Church of Christ Records | By location
> | United Church of Christ Records | Alphabetical
> | United Church of Christ Records | Alphabetical | Saint Peter-Saint Stephen
St. Peter’s Evangelical and Reformed Church 1843–
Stein Road & West Florissant
Ferguson, Missouri 63135
St. Louis County
St. Peter’s is the sister church on the north side for St. Marcus on the south side. It was formed from a split from Holy Ghost Evangelical Protestant Church in 1843.
- 14th and Carr (1843–1909)
- St. Louis and Warne (1910–1973)
- In 1957, a second site was founded as a chapel congregation at Stein Road and West Florissant with the main membership remaining in the city.
- In 1972, the city church was closed and the congregation was consolidated at the chapel location.
St. Peter's Church has operated St. Peter's Cemetery at Lucas and Hunt and St. Charles Rock Road since 1855.
- "St. Peter’s Evangelical Church: 150th Anniversary, 1843–1993," R 977.866 S149
- "History of St. Peter’s Cemetery," R 977.866 W936H
- "One Hundredth Anniversary of St. Peter's Evangelical Church, St. Louis, Missouri, 1843-1943, ' R 289.9 O58
- "Festschrift zum 75 Jährigen Jubiläum der Evangelischen St. Petri-Gemeinde in St. Louis, Mo., Juli 1918" [Historical Souvenier for the 75th anniversary of St. Peters Evangelical Church], R 977.866 F418
- Printed indexes to various church and cemetery records are located at 977.865 W936I
Text in German and English.
Records on FHL Film Roll nos. 1503031, 1503032, 1503033 and 1976582 are available digitally at FamilySearch.org.
|Roll||Item||Ministerial Act||Years||Index||FHL Roll||Comments|
|20||10||Baptism||1843–1855||1503031||Cont. on Roll 21. Item incorrectly titled on film as "St. Peter’s, Frankfort, IL"|
|21||1||Baptism||1855–1856||1503032||Cont. from Roll 20, Item 10|
|22||1||Confirmation & Loose Papers||1844–1926||1503033|
|58||1||Congregational History||1946–1966||1976582||p. 1–8|
|58||1||Communion Record||1946–1968||1976582||p. 141–148|
|58||1||Record of Church Giving||1946–1962||1976582||p. 233–240+|
|65||100th Anniversary Book||1843–1943|
|Better filming on Roll 20, Item 10|
|Better filming on Roll 21.|
|66a||Marriages, Vol. II||1861–1901|