Lutheran Church records held by the History and Genealogy Department
Trinity Lutheran Church 1839-
1805 South Eighth Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63104
Trinity Lutheran Church is the first German Lutheran church in St. Louis and the oldest Lutheran congregation west of the Mississippi River. It was originally located at Third and Lombard Street in 1842 and then moved to the southeast corner of Lafayette and Eighth Streets in 1865. Trinity was the "mother church" to Holy Cross, Immanuel and Zion Lutheran Churches.
- "Founded Upon Christ," R 977.866 U48F
- "Old Trinity," R 977.866 O44
- "One Hundredth Anniversary of Old Trinity Lutheran Church, 1839 to 1939," R 977.866 O58
- "125th Anniversary, 1839-1964: Trinity Lutheran Church," R 977.866 O58
Rolls 1-7 are microfilm of an index created by Trinity Lutheran Church.
Text in German and English.
|SLCL Roll||Ministerial Act||Years|
|1||Index to Baptisms, A to Jutzi||1839-1998|
|2||Index to Baptisms, Kabuss to Szpacek||1839-1998|
|3||Index Baptisms, Tailor to Z; Index to Confirmations, A to Swiney||1839-1998|
|4||Index to Confirmations, Tacke to Z; Index to Weddings, A to McQuerry||1839-1998|
|5||Index to Weddings, Mass to Z; Index to Deaths, A to Justus||1839-1998|
|6||Index to Deaths, Kaempfe to Zoepfel||1839-1998|
|8||Summary of Official Acts|