The St. Louis County Library provides an opportunity for individuals to meet a community service work requirement set by an outside agency or to just volunteer their time. All requests for community service volunteer work will be considered on a case by case basis. To volunteer at the St. Louis County Library you will need to complete a Volunteer Application. Each branch has applications on site or you can print out a volunteer application. All volunteers over the age of 18 will need to complete a criminal background check.
Branch volunteer duties may include:
- Cut scrap paper and stock the containers by the PCs
- Shelve the self-service holds
- Shelve DVDs
- Shelve paperbacks
- Put together welcome packets
- Sort donated items for the sale table
- Assisting with story time and craft projects in the children's departments
- Shelving and straightening book shelves
- Facilitating adult reading group discussions
- Assisting with adult programs and author events
- Delivering books to home-bound patrons
- Caring for plants and gardens around the library
- Performing light repairs on books and audiovisual items
- Assisting with Summer Reading Club
You must be at least 12 years and in the 6th grade to volunteer at the St. Louis County Library.
For more information on becoming a volunteer, please call (314) 994-3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're ready to volunteer, please complete an application and return to 1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63131 or to any County Library branch.