Access the internet on the go, anywhere, any time with a mobile Hotspot. Free mobile internet access is being provided by the St. Louis County Library through Sprint.
- Mobile Hotspots are available for check out at all St. Louis County Library locations.
- Hotspots may be checked out by adult resident cardholders in good standing.
- Patron’s must complete an acknowledgement form every time the device is checked out.
- This device does not filter content. Parents and caregivers are responsible for monitoring children’s online activity.
- Hotspots can be checked out for 14 days.
- Fines of $1.00 a day will start accruing the first day the Hotspot is late. Hotspots not returned by the due date will have service deactivated.
- Hotspots are renewable if there is no waiting list.
- All components (Hotspot, charger, cord, and case) must be present upon return for the library to consider the item checked in.
- Instructions are included with the Hotspots.
- Replacement cost for the Hotspot is $100.
- Please fully charge the Hotspot device before you return it.
What is a Mobile Hotspot?
The Hotspot allows you to connect Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the internet. The device is portable so you can connect from almost anywhere: at home, on the bus, in the park and more.
How many devices can be connected to the Hotspot?
Use the Hotspot to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously.
How can I checkout a Hotspot?
You can secure your chance of getting a Hotspot by placing a hold.
How much does it cost?
Borrowing and using the device is free! If the device is lost or damaged, a $100 fee will be charged to your library account.
How long is the checkout period for the Hotspot?
14 day checkout.
What happens if I do not return the item by the due date?
Fines of $1.00 a day will start accruing the first day it is late. Hotspots not returned by the due date will have service deactivated. At 45 days overdue, a replacement cost of $100 will appear on your account.
How do I renew it?
Hotspots are renewable if there are no holds on the item. Renew it the same way you renew a book–online, by phone or in person.
Am I connecting to the library’s internet and what information is being tracked?
SLCL is not responsible for any files, data, or personal information accessed/transmitted using the Hotspot.
The Hotspot program is an opt-in service, and so the ISP is not bound to the library's patron privacy policies. SLCL does not have access to or collect specific usage data. The library does not provide patron information to the service provider. The only data the library collects is (a) the total amount of data transmitted and received by each device during a billing cycle, (b) anonymous circulation data related to checkouts of the hotspot devices.
Can I use the Hotspot outside of the U.S.?
No, the Hotspots only work in the U.S.
Can I use the Hotspot to send/receive text messages?
No. Texting/SMS messaging is not available.
Where can I access the User Guide for the Hotspot?
For ZTE Warp devices from Sprint, visit Sprint's website.
For ZTE Falcon Z-917 devices from T-Mobile, visit T-Mobile's website.
Who should I contact for technical support?
Sprint Device Technical Support:
Call Sprint at 1-800-639-6111 and when prompted, enter the device phone number found inside the hotspot container. Select #3 for technical support. Select #1 for Mobile Broadband & Hotspot.
T-Mobile Device Technical Support:
Call T-Mobile at 1-844-361-1310 (7:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m. CST) or 1-800-937-8997 (before 7:00 a.m. or after 7:30 p.m.)