Renowned photographer and author Marian Brickner will speak at eight sessions of St. Louis County Library’s story time during the month of May. Ms. Brickner’s visits will be even more special because every child present will get a free copy of her newest book, “I’m Lucy: A Day in the Life of a Young Bonobo.” The distribution of free books is made possible by the Gift of Reading program, which is sponsored by the St. Louis County Library Foundation.
Marian Brickner’s photographs have appeared in print widely, including in National Geographic Kids magazine, in textbooks throughout the world, in the Missouri Conservation Magazine and in art calendars. She is particularly fond of photographing bonobos, a species of great apes which are closely related to chimps, but lesser known. Ms. Brickner will share her photos of bonobos at each story time presentation.
A list of the program dates and locations follows:
- Thursday, May 3, 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. Cliff Cave Branch, 5430 Telegraph Road, St. Louis, MO 63129
- Thursday, May 10, 10:30 a.m. Bridgeton Trails Branch, 3455 McKelvey Rd., Bridgeton, MO 63044
- Tuesday, May 15, 10:30 a.m. Indian Trails, 8400 Delport, St. Louis, MO 63114
- Wednesday, May 16, 10:00 a.m. Lewis and Clark Branch, 9909 Lewis-Clark Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63136
- Thursday, May 17, 10:00 a.m. Indian Trails, 8400 Delport, St. Louis, MO 63114
- Wednesday, May 30, 10:00 a.m. Natural Bridge Branch, 7606 Natural Bridge Rd., St. Louis, MO 63121
- Thursday, May 31, 10:00 a.m. Natural Bridge Branch, 7606 Natural Bridge Rd., St. Louis, MO 63121
For more information please call 314 994-3300.
Program sites are accessible. Upon two weeks’ notice, accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities. Contact St. Louis County Library by phone 314-994-3300, or visit www.slcl.org.