Use your favorite software and workflow to create a 3D model of an animal.
3D Design Challenge 2021 Entry Form
- Complete the form and attach your original entry between September 1-30, 2021.
Rules/Terms and Conditions
- Designers age 10 and up are encouraged to enter.
- Designs must fit a M3D Micro+ printer. Models must be no larger than 4”x4”x4”
- Entries must be submitted as .obj or .stl files.
- Submit only new/original work. One submission per person.
- Must have a SLCL card.
- Entries must be received between September 1-30, 2021.
- Entrants will be grouped into three categories: Ages 10-13, Ages 14-17, Ages 18+
- The top design in each age group will receive a 3D print of their design.
- Winners will be notified no later than October 29, 2021.
Need some help? We have assembled some resources for you:
LinkedIn Learning Tutorials
Access LinkedIn Learning through SLCL's website with your library card.
- Learning Tinkercad
- Tinkercad: Modeling Custom Designs for 3-D Printing
These tutorials are super helpful and easy to understand. Guides you through each step.
- Tinkercad Tutorial Part 1- (Interface and Movement)
- Tinkercad Tutorial Part 2 - (Shape Manipulation and Scaling)
- Tinkercad Tutorial Part 3 - (Group, Hold, Align and Flip Tool)
- Tinkercad Tutorial Part 4 - (Workplane, Ruler, Blocks and Bricks)
- Tinkercad Tutorial Part 5 -(Circular Patterns and Slicing)
- Tinkercad Tutorial Part 6 -(Import, Export and Collaborating)
Examples on how to use Tinkercad to design animals: