Record a Conversation with StoryCorps
Thank you to all those who were interested! All of our allotted slots are full.
The St. Louis Storytelling Festival is partnering with the StoryCorps Mobile Tour and
will be at the Florissant Valley Branch on Wednesday, October 18!
We are excited to invite you to record during their visit!
StoryCorps is a traveling oral history project that is partnered with National Public Radio and the Library of Congress, along with a variety of other museums and archive institutions. StoryCorps' mission is to preserve and share humanity's stories in order to build connections between people and create a more just and compassionate world. To do this, they travel around the U.S. in an Airstream trailer recording 40-minute audio-only conversations between people who know each other. They would love to hear from you!
A few quick notes on recording
- Participants record in pairs because this is based on a conversational model. You can record with a friend, family member, colleague, or someone you'd like to know better.
- No experience is necessary (this is more of a conversation than storytelling)! The StoryCorps facilitator and their list of Great Questions will always be available to you in case you get stuck.
- After recording, you will get to decide whether you'd like to share your recording with StoryCorps or keep your conversation private.
- Recordings are audio-only with an optional photo opportunity.
- There is no cost associated with recording.
- You can record in any language.