Eye Thrive will offer free vision screenings, eye exams and glasses at seven SLCL locations in July and August 2020.
Vision Screenings will be offered from 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at each of the dates and locations listed below. Eye exams will be administered on board the Mobile Vision Clinic from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at the date and locations listed below.
Capacity is limited to 15 eye exams per day. Line numbers will be assigned based on the order of arrival.
Any child age 4-grade 12 is eligible for the vision screening, and if required, an eye exam and glasses. All services are provided free of charge. A parental consent form must be completed prior to the eye exam.
- All children must pass a COVID-19 screening prior to vision screening and eye exam
- Vision screenings will take place outside the library under a tent (provided by Eye Thrive)
- Any child who passes the COVID-19 screening and fails the vision screening will receive an appointment time for an eye exam
- Mobile Vision Clinic is limited to one child at a time; no family is allowed to onboard
- Social distancing (6 feet apart) is required at all times
- Eye Thrive will provide masks for children during vision screenings and eye exams.