Library programs support the mission, values and strategic plan of St. Louis County Library (SLCL). SLCL focuses on programs that:
- encourage lifelong learning
- foster creativity and curiosity
- promote exploration of literature, arts, sciences, technology and popular culture
- support community development and discourse
- highlight library services and collections
SLCL participates in cooperative programs with other organizations, educational institutions, businesses, and individuals. Library sponsorship of a program does not constitute an endorsement of the content of the program, views expressed at the program or the program presenter or performer.
All print and electronic publicity documents are designed and produced by the SLCL Communications department. Organizations or individuals collaborating with SLCL must coordinate marketing efforts.
Please note that SLCL typically schedules library programming between four to six months in advance. Program proposal submissions are accepted and reviewed on a continuous basis; however, not all topics are covered each year. All proposals are kept on file for future consideration.
Before placing your request, please review the following information about programs at SLCL:
- All library programs are free and open to the public.
- Programs shall be of the highest quality, conducted in the most professional manner and comply with all library policies and procedures.
- Programs are selected for their relevance to community needs and interests, popular appeal, and suitability for a general audience. Presenters and performers are chosen for their proven expertise and/or public performance experience. Other factors considered are the availability of program space and cost.
- Programs are not used for commercial, religious, or partisan purposes or the solicitation of business. While professionals or businesses may be invited to speak, the program presented should always be general in nature.
- Any solicitation before, during or after an adult program is prohibited, including the selling of presenter's or performer's works, unless expressly approved in writing by SLCL. Business cards or literature may be made available to interested attendees following the program.
- The presenter or performer will not infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secrets or confidential information or any other proprietary right of any person.
- Attendance at library programs varies widely. A minimum number of attendees is not required for a program to take place.
- Programs may be cancelled for a number of reasons, including: severe weather, absence of the presenter, or low registration where applicable. Cancelled programs are not automatically rescheduled.
Please complete the program proposal form. You will be contacted if your proposal meets programming needs, schedule and budget. Presenters and performers may be asked to complete a W-9 form and provide proof of insurance, if applicable.
We have many inquiries and apologize that we cannot respond to each proposal individually. All proposals are kept on file for possible future use.