Using Spaces to Reserve a Meeting Room
You may set up a “Spaces” account or login to your already existing account by visiting http://slcl.evanced.info/spaces. If this is your first time, please click on “Create an Account” in the top right-hand corner of the page. Once you’ve logged in, you will be able to manage your account through the “My Account” link in the top right-hand corner of the page. From here, you can edit your contact information, primary library location and request to join an organization (i.e. your group’s name).
You can always manage your reservations by logging into your “Spaces” account. This includes the ability to edit your personal information, check for meeting room availability, request space, edit reservations, cancel reservations, and view reservation history.
If your group or organization already has current reservations on the calendar, it may already be in the system and you can simply select from the list. If not, please type in your group or organization name (i.e. Home Owner Association's name, Girl or Boy Scout Troop AND number, etc) into the request purpose field to ask staff to create a new organization. You may be associated with more than one organization within the system and more than one person can be associated with a single organization.
Choosing Reservation Date/Time
You can request a room by selecting a time range and date for the reservation from the landing page.
- Enter time range and select date on the landing page and select "Search for Space"
Filtering Reservation Options
From the reservation list, further filtering of the available room list can be accomplished by editing the following parameters:
Timeframe can be edited at the top of the screen, either by clicking and editing the time text displayed at the top of the screen to alter the time length of the reservation.
Date can be changed by accessing the "Date" tab and select the day in view.
Branch and Room designation can be accessed on the left-hand column of the site. Select the branch and click on the "+" sign to the left of the branch title to select rooms to be included in the available reservation list as well as any equipment they require.
Available rooms appear, with existing reservations represented by red conflict bars along with the room's capacity.
Selecting a Reservation
To choose a room reservation, click the "Pick Me!" button that corresponds with the room of choice.
To proceed, you will need to create an account in the reservation system.
- If you have done this previously and created a login, enter the email address and password into the login area
- If you need to create an account for the first time, the select the "Create an Account Now" and step through the prompts to create a new account and complete the reservation
After logging in with your account credentials, the reservation can be completed by filling out the reservation form:
- Enter a purpose for which you intend to use the room.
- Choose an organization affiliated with your account from the organization drop-down menu. If there is no organization affiliated with the request, choose, "No Organization" from the drop-down. A staff member will contact you to create an organization affiliation.
- You can also request to create a new organization by choosing the "Create Organization" link. Note: After the organization request is submitted by you, the new organization must first be approved by staff before it is available as an optional organization from the drop-down list
- Select the "Continue" button to continue to the Request Summary
- Next, you will see a Payment Summary listing any required payments required for the reservation. PLEASE NOTE: If you choose "No Organization," no fees will appear. Once a library staff establish the appropriate organization, fees may apply.
- Click on the "Select Reservation" button to complete the reservation request process.
After the reservation is submitted, you will receive an email notice that the Spaces reservation request has been received and is pending approval. You will be directed to the account details page.
If you have any questions or experience any problems reserving a room, you may call us at 314-994-3300 for assistance.