Access the internet on the go, anywhere, any time! Free mobile internet hotspots are being provided by us through T-Mobile.
- Mobile hotspots are available for check out at all locations
- May be checked out by adult cardholders in good standing
- Complete an acknowledgement form every time the device is checked out
- Parents and caregivers are responsible for monitoring children’s online activity (Device does not filter content)
- Instructions are included
- Service will be deactivated if not returned by the due date
- All components (hotspot, charger, cord, and case) must be present upon return for the library to consider the item checked in
- Replacement cost for the Hotspot is $250
- Please fully charge the device before you return it
Loan Period: 21 Days (Renewable if there is no waiting list)
Frequently Asked Questions
The Hotspot allows you to connect Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the internet. The device is portable so you can connect from almost anywhere: at home, on the bus, in the park and more.
Use the Hotspot to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously.
Borrowing and using the device is free! If the device is lost or damaged, a $250 fee will be charged to your library account.
Hotspots not returned by the due date will have service deactivated. At 14 days overdue, a replacement cost of $100 will appear on your account.
SLCL is not responsible for any files, data, or personal information accessed/transmitted using the Hotspot.
The Hotspot program is an opt-in service, and so the ISP is not bound to the library's patron privacy policies. SLCL does not have access to or collect specific usage data. The library does not provide patron information to the service provider. The only data the library collects is (a) the total amount of data transmitted and received by each device during a billing cycle, (b) anonymous circulation data related to checkouts of the hotspot devices.
Hotspots can be used in Canada and Mexico.
No. Texting/SMS messaging is not available.
Visit T-Mobile’s Website if you are interested in learning more about your borrowed device.
T-Mobile Device Technical Support:
Call T-Mobile at 1-844-361-1310 (7:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m. CST) or 1-800-937-8997 (before 7:00 a.m. or after 7:30 p.m.)