Access the internet on the go, anywhere, any time with a mobile Hotspot. Free mobile internet access is being provided by the St. Louis County Library through T-Mobile. Hotspots can be requested through the SLCL catalog.
- Mobile Hotspots are available for check out at all St. Louis County Library locations.
- Hotspots may be checked out by adult cardholders in good standing.
- Patrons must complete an acknowledgement form every time the device is checked out.
- This device does not filter content. Parents and caregivers are responsible for monitoring children’s online activity.
- Hotspots can be checked out for 21 days.
- Hotspots not returned by the due date will have service deactivated.
- Hotspots are renewable if there is no waiting list.
- All components (Hotspot, charger, cord, and case) must be present upon return for the library to consider the item checked in.
- Instructions are included with the Hotspots.
- Replacement cost for the Hotspot is $250.
- Please fully charge the Hotspot device before you return it.
What is a Mobile Hotspot?
The Hotspot allows you to connect Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the internet. The device is portable so you can connect from almost anywhere: at home, on the bus, in the park and more.
How many devices can be connected to the Hotspot?
Use the Hotspot to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously.
How much does it cost?
Borrowing and using the device is free! If the device is lost or damaged, a $250 fee will be charged to your library account.
How long is the checkout period for the Hotspot?
21 day checkout.
What happens if I do not return the item by the due date?
Hotspots not returned by the due date will have service deactivated. At 14 days overdue, a replacement cost of $100 will appear on your account.
How do I renew it?
Hotspots are renewable if there are no holds on the item. Renew it the same way you renew a book–online, by phone or in person.
Am I connecting to the library’s internet and what information is being tracked?
SLCL is not responsible for any files, data, or personal information accessed/transmitted using the Hotspot.
The Hotspot program is an opt-in service, and so the ISP is not bound to the library's patron privacy policies. SLCL does not have access to or collect specific usage data. The library does not provide patron information to the service provider. The only data the library collects is (a) the total amount of data transmitted and received by each device during a billing cycle, (b) anonymous circulation data related to checkouts of the hotspot devices.
Can I use the Hotspot outside of the U.S.?
Hotspots can be used in Canada and Mexico.
Can I use the Hotspot to send/receive text messages?
No. Texting/SMS messaging is not available.
Where can I access the User Guide for the Hotspot?
Visit T-Mobile’s Website if you are interested in learning more about your borrowed device.
Who should I contact for technical support?
T-Mobile Device Technical Support:
Call T-Mobile at 1-844-361-1310 (7:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m. CST) or 1-800-937-8997 (before 7:00 a.m. or after 7:30 p.m.)