Descriptive Recruitment Lists of Volunteers for the United States Colored Troops for the State of Missouri, 1863–1865 – M1894
In 2000, Julius K. Hunter and Friends invested in a collection of Genealogical Resources in Microfilm and Microfiche for the St. Louis County Library. Many of those films have been digitized and are now available through FamilySearch or Fold3. This includes "Descriptive Recruitment Lists of Volunteers for the United States Colored Troops for the State of Missouri, 1863-1865" (NARA Microfilm Publication M1894 – 6 rolls)
FamilySearch has completed every name indexing of the records and are searchable.
Our librarians developed Indexes for these records. The indexes can be browsed alphabetically by slave owner’s name and alphabetical by name of recruit.
- Index by recruit's name
- Index by slave owner's name
- More information about the records and index
- NARA descriptive pamphlets
Index symbols and notations
- [blank] = No data was listed in the original record.
- / = The original record showed a non-alphabetical marking (usually a horizontal dash) rather than written notation or a blank space.
- [?] = Part or all of the written material was difficult or impossible to read.